12 Jul 5 Things to Know About Car Air Conditioning Regas
5 Things to Know About Car Air Conditioning Regas
5 Things to Know About Car Air Conditioning Regas, Taking proper care of your vehicle air conditioning unit means more than merely turning it on when you get hot. That may indeed cool you off, but that doesn’t mean that it is going to do much to keep it running right and being reliable. There are some things you have to do to the air conditioner to keep it working in tip-top shape.
One of the things that need to do to your vehicle’s air conditioner is to have the aircon system regas. If you haven’t heard that before it could mean it’s time for your car to have this service done. Here are five things to know about air conditioning regas:
5 Things to Know About Car Air Conditioning Regas:
- Your vehicle will need a regas every 1.5-2 years on average. So if it has been a while, it is time to take your car in for a regas.
- On average, your vehicle will lose around 10 per cent of the refrigeration gas annually. As it leaks refrigeration gas like R134a or even 1234yf, it will stop producing as much cold air as you would like.
- How long the regas process takes varies according to the type of vehicle you have. But you can count on it taking an hour or so.
- You do not usually need an appointment to have a re-gas. Stop by and ask that your air conditioner is checked out. Let the Car aircon mechanic know it is time for a regas.
- Your vehicle air conditioner will work better overall if you continue to get it regas as needed.
Re-gassing your car’s air conditioning unit is a regular part of taking care of the aircon system. It is not usually in the service plan, but if you get your air conditioner checked out regularly, they should suggest the service to you. If you want your air conditioner to continue producing good cold air on a hot day. It’s essential to make re-gas something you do at least every two years. When the next warm day rolls around, and you reach for the air conditioner, you will be glad you did!
At Keepin’ Cool, our fully qualified air conditioning technicians can give you a detailed report on the condition of your system. And help you out with any necessary repairs and maintenance. We want to get your vehicle air conditioning working to its optimal performance, so make an appointment to see us today!