17 Jul Hyundai Tucson Aircon Problems
Hyundai Tucson Aircon Problems
Hyundai Tucson Aircon Problems, When the air conditioning in your Hyundai Tucson aircon blows hot air, you likely have a refrigerant leak.
The most common fault on the Hyundai Tucson air conditioning system is the discharge aircon hose leaking at the ferrule crimp. The hose is repairable by cutting off old ferrules and welding new ones on and replacing the rubber section.
One other issue they have can be the aircon compressor pulley bearing seizing. So, you would find the compressor belt starting to squeal or even smoke up. If this occurs, eventually, the bearing will collapse. It will cause the belt to break. Therefore, the compressor cannot pump refrigerant gas to the evaporator, thus no cooling. It usually recommended replacing the compressor in this circumstance.
Here are the five main components of the automotive air conditioning system and what they do:
• Compressor. It’s in the vehicle’s front and puts the refrigerant under pressure. It works to compress the gas to the point of around 250 psi and increase the temperature at the same time.
• Condenser. A radiator-like component that the gas moves through once it’s heated. Inside the condenser, it converts the gas to a liquid as the heat removed.
• Evaporator. It’s responsible for pulling the refrigerant into the vacuum where the gas then becomes cold.
• Thermal expansion valve. It changes the system from high pressure to low pressure. It’s where things change from hot to cold.
• Drier or accumulator. Removes the water that has entered the system. Without this step, the unit can form ice crystals, which can damage the air conditioning unit.
When you turn on your Hyundai Tucson Aircon, and the air comes out, it may all seem so simple., you are only hitting a switch. But the truth behind it is that multiple components are working together to give you that refreshingly cold air. If any of these components are not working correctly. It will prevent the whole unit from working the way it should, making it essential to have it serviced as soon as possible.