04 Jun Car AC Compressor Cost
Car AC Compressor Cost
How Much does a car AC Compressor Cost?
Replacing your car AC compressor is one of the most costly auto air conditioning repairs there is. As well as one of the most misunderstood.
If your car air conditioning system isn’t working, it could be due to an aircon compressor failure.
WHAT CAUSES THE CAR AC COMPRESSOR TO FAIL?
LACK OF USE:
Car AC compressors which do not run regularly can starve for lubrication when turned on. So this may cause excessive wear until the oil again reaches the compressor valve. It’s best to use the car air conditioner once a week for at least fifteen minutes.
EXCESSIVE HIGH OR LOW PRESSURE:
Condenser fans can fail due to bad connections or defective motor winnings that get too hot. So this creates extreme head pressure and heat that can lock up or damage a car air conditioning compressor.
Here are the five main components of the automotive air conditioning system and what they do:
• Compressor. It’s in the vehicle’s front and puts the refrigerant under pressure. It works to compress the gas to the point of around 250 psi and increase the temperature at the same time.
• Condenser. A radiator-like component that the gas moves through once it’s heated. Inside the condenser, it converts the gas to a liquid as it removes the heat.
• Evaporator. It’s responsible for pulling the refrigerant into the vacuum where the gas then becomes cold.
• Thermal expansion valve It changes the system from high pressure to low pressure. It’s where things change from hot to cold.
• Drier or accumulator. Removes the water that has entered the system. Without this step, the unit can form ice crystals, which can damage the air conditioning unit.
NOT REGULARLY MAINTAINING YOUR VEHICLE AIR CONDITIONER:
A small amount of oil is required to lubricate the moving components. We recommend a Two yearly car air conditioning regas service.
So on average, you can expect a Car AC compressor cost between $900 to $1,300 or more, depending on the make and model of your vehicle.
Our expert technicians will recommend the most cost-effective solution to get your vehicle back on the road in air conditioning comfort.
Our mobile vans are set up with the latest vehicle air conditioning equipment to carry out all work on-site in Brisbane Southside Suburbs.